Zena Road from Van Dale to Route 212 is closed for repairs for 4-6 weeks.
The Member’s Only Tournament runs from Saturday June 24 to Sunday, July 2. Applications are on the desk and below (PDF). If you are gone an entire weekend we cannot accept your application. Entry deadline is Wed, June 21.
The Ulster County Tournament registration forms are available below (PDF). The courts at Forsyth Park are being redone so it will be a great year to compete.
The Facebook Page – a great way to communicate, look for tournament partners, subs or players for your games. Please “like” our Page and follow us by clicking the Facebook link at left.
Court Etiquette – Our rules are fairly loose compared to most clubs but basic tennis etiquette must be observed:
- Men have to keep their shirts on.
- Proper shirts for women i.e. no sports bras as shirts.
- Proper tennis sneakers, always.
- Do not go out onto a court to take it over (if players are already playing) if not all your players are present. Why disturb them if you are not ready to play?
- Keep cell phone use to a minimum and turn it off when playing.
- No cursing, yelling, screaming or constant chatter from one baseline to the other. If you want to have a conversation while playing, take a break and sit on the bench and talk. Voices carry.
- Do not cross over a court that is being used i.e. do not cross over on Court 1 to get to 2 – use the gate.
- If you have a guest, please tell the Desk Person BEFORE you go out onto the court, not after.
Breast Cancer Fundraiser! Tuesday August 8th. Save the date!
(From Alice Goodman, Co-Director)
Last year’s Breast Cancer Options was a resounding success. Fun tennis drills, great food, an auction… We made more than $2500 for the Breast Cancer Options over and above our costs. Patricia Mitchell and I would like to run the event again this year. To do this, we need your help. Please email email@example.com if you are willing to:
- help the day of the event setting up and cleaning up
- help getting donations for the auction
- help picking up some supplies
and of course talk up the event with your friends and get them to attend. It will be a bargain at $40.00 for 1.5 hours of tennis drills with a pro, dinner and wine. Sign up will be in mid-July.
Lessons: Steve, Karen and Mitch are ready and willing to help you improve your game, so email or call for private, semi-private or group lessons! We can be reached at:
Karen : firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-841-2468
Steve : 845-657-6004
Mitch : 541-914-1728 or email@example.com
USTA 3.0 Match on Tuesday, June 13 at 6PM, using courts 1-4 from 6 pm till dusk. Come cheer them on – they are currently in 2nd place!