The latest news is always in Sharon’s post. We are open. See calendar for altered/cancelled events. WTC is offering a 10% discount off member rates for 2020. To play, you must complete a new application and waiver (See Forms page).
Please read the following posts concerning club sanitation, club COVID policies, drills, and Junior Camp. Tournament forms are available on the forms page.
To encourage social distancing, we will not be setting up chairs or tables on the patio, at least initially. The only chairs will be on the courts and only for use while resting during breaks in play. Social gathering and spectating will not be encouraged at this time.
In order to reduce the number of commonly touched surfaces, our shower and bathrooms will be open for member use, at members’ own risk. Members must provide their own personal care products. Scorekeepers will not be used for now. Desk staff will be asked to keep commonly used surfaces clean. And hand sanitizer and wipes will be made available for member use at the club.
Rules, drawing on USTA guidance, will include but may not be limited to:
- Masks (cloth or surgical) are required in all public areas of the Club, in accordance with NYS health rules in force. Masks may be removed on-court but should be worn to and from the court
- Mandatory hand-washing with soap or hand sanitizer:
- before entering the clubhouse or lawn area
- before entering a tennis court and upon departing the court
- before and after using the sign-in sheet
- after using a Club bathroom
- Mandatory cleaning of court sweepers and line brushes after each use
- Properly covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissue
- No spitting
- No sharing of racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats, or towels
- If retrieving someone else’s ball, use feet or racquet and not hands
- Maintaining 6 feet of distance from other people at all times (including changeovers, entering or exiting courts, and at water and handwashing stations)
- No congregating anywhere, no prolonged socializing or spectating, and members should depart promptly after finishing play
- If rain starts to fall, and social distancing is not possible on the covered terraces, members must leave the Club
- Taking community responsibility to ensure all members and staff observe hygiene and distancing protocols
- Members MUST NOT COME TO THE TO THE CLUB if they have tested or been diagnosed as positive for COVID-19 or had symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, shortness of breath, cough, headache, sore throat, nausea/diarrhea, muscle pain, and/or loss of taste/smell, until 14 days after onset of symptoms or positive test.
- Members MUST NOT COME TO THE CLUB if they have had contact with a person diagnosed with, or with symptoms of, COVID-19 for 14 days following exposure
- Doubles players must make every effort to avoid coming closer than 6 feet to their partner or opponents. No high-fives, chest bumps, etc. No close conferring before play or between points/games.
- Players should consider using one set of balls per player (marked beforehand with a pen, or with differing numbers to the other players’ balls), and not touching the other players’ balls with their hands. Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to touch any tennis balls other than the ones designated for your own use.
- Players should consider not changing ends if maintaining social distance during changeovers is problematic
- Use elbows, feet, or racquets instead of hands to touch court gates, fences, benches, etc. whenever possible
These regulations will be subject to regular review and will be adjusted according to the health situation.
Drills will start on Monday, 6/1, and will be run a little differently this year with social distancing guidelines in mind. All drills are by reservation only. You may reserve your spot up to 7 days in advance. E-mail Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Drills (Date & Time you desire) and (your approximate playing level)” to reserve your spot. You will receive an e-mail back that you are either “IN” or “Waitlisted”. You must cancel at least 24 hours in advance or you will be charged the drills fee.
Junior camp will start on Monday, 6/15, but with some changes. Camp hours will run from 12 noon to 3 PM this year and will not have a lunch break. Children should eat lunch prior to camp but are encouraged to bring a snack as we will take a few short breaks for snacks and drinks. Breaks will be taken in shifts and there will be 4 children maximum on each court with at least one pro to each court. Sports drinks are available in the clubhouse for a small charge, but there is always a big jug of ice water available for the kids free of charge. Children need to bring their own water bottle. Camp forms are available for download on the Forms page.